Yes there is actually. We see this happen occasionally where the PC makes you unplug and then re-plug one of the HuddleCams to make it switch between the 2 inside of a video conferencing platform. Obviously unplugging and then re-plugging a camera every time you wish to switch between cameras is not a valid solution so we have some up with a solution that should work in the long run.
- First off, you would want to get into Device Manager (search for "Device Manager" in the Windows search bar) to see both of your HuddleCams listed under imaging devices.
- Next, you would select the camera you wish to be changed. The camera you select will be seen as "USB Video Device" after this is done. Once you decide which camera will change name, you can right click on that "HuddlecCamHD" and select "Update Driver Software"
- Select "Browse my Computer for driver software".
- Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
- Once you select that, the only option available to you should be "USB Video Device". Select that and then click "next"
Your second HuddleCamHD should be showing up as USB Video device in Windows as well as any video conferencing platform. You should now have no problems switching between your 2 HuddleCams without having to unplug and re-plug your camera all the time. I should mention that this solution will work on any PC, but the settings are retained on the PC itself, if you need to move the camera and have it show up this way on the new PC, you would need to follow these steps again on the new PC.